The incomparable Lisa Morton recently invited me to be a part of a round robin interview series.
While I figure out which writers to send this on to, here are my answers.
1) What is the working title of your next book?
The Mud Angel.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
From reading about the flood of the River Arno in 1966. The city of Florence was submerged in mud and freezing water and all of her priceless art and history were in danger of vanishing forever. The world owed Florence a huge debt and sent their best and brightest to save our history. The Italians called them angeli del fango – Mud Angels – because they waded fearlessly into the mud and esured that the genius of our past remained for future generations.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
Ryan Gosling, Allison Brie, and Raoul Bova.
When Henry Dandridge goes in search of his missing wife, he’s drawn into a world of intrigue and centuries old feuds in the mud packed streets of a flooded Florence.
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
Hopefully the latter…
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Oddly enough, I wrote the first draft of a story about Florence while in India for three weeks. The first draft was a novella that’s being expanded.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
The Constant Gardner.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
10) What else about the book might pique the reader’s interest?
A murder mystery, family feuds that date back to the Renaissance, art history, a lost work of Dante’s, and necromancy. How’s that? 🙂
Brad C. Hodson is a writer living in Los Angeles. Check out his novel DARLING here.